Video Pipe Inspection | CCTV Digital Recordings
CCTV sewer inspections provide precise surveying of sanitary and storm pipes with the ability to pinpoint defects, discover buried structures, locate lateral property connections and more. NAP deploys a wide array of CUES, IBAK, Cobra and Aries TV trucks capable of documenting lines of any nearly any diameter. Our video pipe inspection technology includes steerable tractors, wheeled or tracked crawlers, laser-measuring and high-definition zooming to highlight some of the myriad capabilities available for varying pipe conditions including mud, sand, grit, rocks, offset joints, line bends and more.
Our video pipe inspection service provides you the assurance of visual certainty. We use waterproof cameras that can track through your entire pipeline – even around turns and bends. Live video allows our experienced plumbers to assess any current or potential problems that could lead to a sewer line break or other leaks down the road. Obtaining a video sewer inspection will give you peace of mind and security in your home.
Video Pipe Inspections Help Find Problem Both Big and Small
In addition to more mundane issues like pipe clogs and corroded plumbing, video camera inspection is invaluable for larger scale problems such as sewer line replacement and water line replacement. Underground pipes, especially pipes that play such an important part in your plumbing, are supremely difficult to diagnose or repair when there’s an issue. NAP counts on video camera inspection both to take a look at such issues without having to dig up your Cedar Grove yard, and to check our work after the operation to ensure that the problem is fixed. That means less digging, less expensive and a problem that gets fixed properly regardless. None of it would be possible without video pipe inspection.
The types of problems that can be addressed through video pipe inspection include:
- Pinpoint grease buildup and clogs;
- Find points of breakage, corrosion or punctures;
- See the position of root intrusion;
- Determine the layout, grade and depth of utility and sewer pipes;
- Identify laterals, vaults, points of misalignment and termination;
- Locate non-detectable sanitary and storm laterals;
- Verify if current conditions conform to regulations;
- Detect potential weak points or future problems.
Advantages of Video Pipe Inspection
If you’re not yet convinced that video pipe inspection is the best course of action for locating an underground pipe problem, here is a quick look at the advantages.
- It’s less expensive than exploratory excavating.
- Reduced labor and time are needed to repair the conduit.
- Repair interventions are cheaper and less intrusive.
- Emergency situations can be resolved quicker.
- Better planning is possible knowing the location, cause and size of the repair.
- Some problems can be prevented entirely.
- The need for maintenance or cleaning can be verified in advance.
- Leakage can be prevented before it becomes hazardous and difficult to fix.
- It can be used to find lost items like jewelry or animals that are trapped.
Detailed, Customizable Reports
Engineers and inspectors rely on North American Pipeline’s NASSCO-certified operators to make informed decisions that help prevent property damage and costly road work. Accurate reporting of existing pipe conditions helps determine a pipe segment’s likelihood of failure and whether repair or replacement is necessary. All CCTV surveys from our video pipe inspection include a DVD and defect listing report, which document problems like improper mainline and lateral installations, debris blockages, infiltration and collapses.